Click HERE to see the lifestyle of a Bikini Thief on Pinterest.
It's not too late to look HOT on the beach for Memorial day weekend. Use discount code BTbeachparty for 20% off all swimsuits!!
Its about this time every winter that i start to get major spring fever. Dreaming of flowers popping up, buds on trees, birds singing, cafe's opening their doors and setting up tables on the sidewalks, and that monumental day when it's warm enough for bikinis!!!. I'm sure I am not the only one, so here is a little sneak peak of what's to come from us! Enjoy!
As part of NOW Foundations Love Your Body Campaign, they are declaring October 17th, 2012, LOVE YOUR BODY DAY! We all need reminding that we are beautiful, unique creatures. That's why I love the idea of LOVE YOU BODY DAY! I personally have spent far too many days, well actually years, sending my body negative thoughts and energy, when all along, overlooking all the miraculous things it does for me everyday. But as I get older, and read more books on acceptance, I find myself so grateful for the amazing things my body has given me and keeps giving me. We only have one ladies, so try to be kind to it. In honor of the upcoming love your body day, i think every woman out there should wake up on October 17th and make a list of 10 things you love and appreciate about your body. ok, I'll lead by example...here it goes
1. I love my lungs because they help me breathe deep during my runs, Bikram yoga sessions, and calms me when im feeling stressed.
2. My equilibrium that allows me to still, at age 33, enjoy the thrill of a roller coaster, or go deep sea fishing with my dad without taking dramamine.
3. I love the color of my eyes because they are the same as my mothers.
4. I have come to love my muscular body type, because it helps me paddle into waves, run long distances, and even beat some boys at arm wrestling.
5. I love my freckles, because they are a unique pattern on only my body, like personal constellations.
6. I love my teeth, because they allow me too chew all the amazing food I love to eat....and i love to eat
7. I love my thumbs, they are rather odd looking, but they look just like my dad's and i think of him every time i focus on them and I love that!
8. I love my hair, because it's still holding strong, after being died every color of the rainbow, including platinum blonde and had extensions attached to it.....sorry hair!
9. I love my stomach, and my belly button. I just kind of like this part of my body....im allowed.
10. I love my heart, because it's a compassionate one that is constantly growing and making more room for exponential love.
I am not perfect, and I still struggle on a daily basis to self love and accept who I am on the inside and outside. But it's days like this that are a good reminder of just how lucky I am to be given the gift of a healthy body.
To read more about the NOW Foundations Love Your Body Campaign click HERE
I'm fresh off the streets of Paris and I have to report on the overwhelming color trend I noticed in all the hottest boutiques and on the back of every effortlessly fashionable Parisian woman I saw. Coral, Pink, and Orange of every shade are IN for summer 2012 ladies! You cannot go wrong mixing and matching these bright, fruity, amorous colors and personally I am loving it!!! Bikini Thief is celebrating the Joie de Vivre this pallet brings to the beach in any and all of these fabulous bikinis. Enjoy ladies!
Question….How do you learn about what’s new in music, fashion, restaurants, or hotspots? If you really think about it I bet most people would say a majority comes from your friends, maybe directly, but mostly on social media sites like Facebook, Spotify, Pinterest, or The Fancy. With the inception of social media the old way of gathering information via television, magazines, news, commercials, was ushered out and friends and peers having a round table like discussion on a social platform is in.
I use these sights not only for information but for fashion and design inspiration, ideas, feedback, or just as an escape, almost everyday. I am a very visual girly girl and I love all the rich color and texture of the images i see on sites like Pinterest and The fancy. As I pick and chose what images to “Pin” or “fancy” I get to let out my inner fashionista, interior designer, culinary chef, or nomad. No boundaries, or financial budgets holding me back, just my fantasy world to create at my leisure. And who doesn’t feel cool when you find a gem and put it up and after an hour 50 people have “re-pinned” or “Fancy’d” your post.
So I know I’m a swimwear designer and you may expect me to know all the latest fashion trends and see them reflected in my line, but the truth is I’d rather be inspired by my friends. We are in an age where we can all share a little about who we are and decide what’s cool, beautiful or worthy of helping define us as individuals. THAT’S inspirational. Who knows, I just might design a swimsuit off of an image I see on one of your Pinterest boards! Have a FABULOUS day everyone!
Follow us on facebook: BT on Facebook
Follow BT on pinterest: Bikini Thief Pinterest page
Follow me on The Fancy: Whitney on The Fancy
We LOVE Cintia Dicker on safari in this Bikini Thief suit with her wild red hair...perfections!
Cover Model Kate Upton is the definition of All American Summer in our Classic Bikini Thief suit!