As part of NOW Foundations Love Your Body Campaign, they are declaring October 17th, 2012, LOVE YOUR BODY DAY! We all need reminding that we are beautiful, unique creatures. That's why I love the idea of LOVE YOU BODY DAY! I personally have spent far too many days, well actually years, sending my body negative thoughts and energy, when all along, overlooking all the miraculous things it does for me everyday. But as I get older, and read more books on acceptance, I find myself so grateful for the amazing things my body has given me and keeps giving me. We only have one ladies, so try to be kind to it. In honor of the upcoming love your body day, i think every woman out there should wake up on October 17th and make a list of 10 things you love and appreciate about your body. ok, I'll lead by example...here it goes
1. I love my lungs because they help me breathe deep during my runs, Bikram yoga sessions, and calms me when im feeling stressed.
2. My equilibrium that allows me to still, at age 33, enjoy the thrill of a roller coaster, or go deep sea fishing with my dad without taking dramamine.
3. I love the color of my eyes because they are the same as my mothers.
4. I have come to love my muscular body type, because it helps me paddle into waves, run long distances, and even beat some boys at arm wrestling.
5. I love my freckles, because they are a unique pattern on only my body, like personal constellations.
6. I love my teeth, because they allow me too chew all the amazing food I love to eat....and i love to eat
7. I love my thumbs, they are rather odd looking, but they look just like my dad's and i think of him every time i focus on them and I love that!
8. I love my hair, because it's still holding strong, after being died every color of the rainbow, including platinum blonde and had extensions attached to it.....sorry hair!
9. I love my stomach, and my belly button. I just kind of like this part of my body....im allowed.
10. I love my heart, because it's a compassionate one that is constantly growing and making more room for exponential love.
I am not perfect, and I still struggle on a daily basis to self love and accept who I am on the inside and outside. But it's days like this that are a good reminder of just how lucky I am to be given the gift of a healthy body.
To read more about the NOW Foundations Love Your Body Campaign click HERE